Do you have incorrect gear ratio codes? Do you feel your transmission slipping? Did you lose 5th and 6th gear? Are all the gears gone? We have been there, so we are glad you are here. We can help.
We know the decision to rebuild your transmission is not an easy one. Contact us today to get expert advice from the people who know transmissions. Call us at 330-345-3000, or fill out the form below to get an estimate started.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR TRUCK SO WE CAN HELP YOU QUICKLY HELP YOU!
Automatic transmissions can exhibit various signs when they are starting to fail. It’s important to address these issues promptly to prevent further damage and costly repairs. Here are some common signs of a failing automatic transmission:
- Delayed or Sluggish Shifting: One of the most noticeable signs is delayed or hesitant gear shifts. You might experience a delay when shifting from “Park” to “Drive” or feel a hesitation when the transmission changes gears while driving.
- Rough or Jerky Shifting: The transmission may shift gears abruptly or with a noticeable jolt. This can be felt as a harsh, jerky motion when accelerating or decelerating.
- Unusual Noises: You may hear strange noises coming from the transmission, such as whining, clunking, or grinding sounds. These noises can indicate internal damage or wear.
- Slipping Gears: The transmission might slip out of gear or struggle to stay in gear, causing unexpected changes in engine RPM and vehicle speed. This can be particularly dangerous while driving.
- Burning Smell: An overheating transmission can produce a burning odor, often caused by the transmission fluid overheating or leaking onto hot engine parts.
- Fluid Leaks: Check for transmission fluid leaks under your vehicle. If you see red or brownish fluid on the ground where you park, it could be a sign of a leak in the transmission system.
- Warning Lights: Your vehicle’s check engine light or transmission warning light may illuminate on the dashboard. These lights are triggered by the vehicle’s onboard diagnostic system when it detects a problem with the transmission.
- Poor Acceleration: A failing transmission can lead to a significant decrease in acceleration and overall performance. You may find that your vehicle struggles to reach higher speeds or has reduced power.
- High RPM at Highway Speeds: If your engine is revving unusually high at highway speeds or during normal driving, it could indicate a transmission issue.
- Difficulty Engaging or Disengaging Gears: You may have trouble getting the transmission into gear (e.g., shifting from “Park” to “Drive” or “Reverse”) or getting it out of gear.
- Warning Messages: Some modern vehicles may display specific transmission-related warning messages on the infotainment screen or instrument cluster.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s crucial to have your vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic or transmission specialist as soon as possible. Ignoring transmission problems can lead to more extensive damage and higher repair costs. Regular maintenance, such as changing the transmission fluid at recommended intervals, can help prolong the life of your automatic transmission and reduce the likelihood of these issues. Contact us today to talk about it. We are here to help! 330-345-3000